To add a variable to the procedure, you can click on the '+' in the formula bar of the text editor.
In the appeared pop-up menu, choose the option Variable as the field type to insert.
Next, choose the type of variable you want to include in the procedure. The following variables are supported:
- Text/Numeric field – a short text field which includes text and/or numbers can be added
- Text area – a long text field to enter longer texts in a procedure
- Checkbox – an option field to select one or more options
- Dropdown menu – an option field to select one option from a list of options
- Date field – a field to enter a date using a date picker
- Time field – a field to enter time using a time picker
- Date and Time field – a field to enter a date and a time using a date-time picker
- Link to sample – a field to select a sample
- Data set – to include a variable that can be used in multiple protocols (a data set)
After selecting click Next to proceed and define the procedure Variable.
- Description – name, reference or description of the variable
- Initial Value – value to which the variable is set initially in the protocol (optional)
- Unit – unit of the value
Click Finish to insert the defined variable in the protocol.