Advanced Sample Search
To find samples using specific search conditions or to generate an export file or reports of samples, you can use the Advanced Sample Search. Navigate to Advanced Search in Inventory. In the advanced search, searching samples in the group is by default selected, but there is also the organisation search option to search for samples across (in all groups) the entire organisation when samples are shared.
In the Advanced Search you specify your search by setting the following search parameters:
- Standard Fields - search for a keyword only in the Samples Name, Description or Note
- User - filter the sample search result by selecting one or more active or former lab members
- Storage Date - filter the sample search results by selecting a storage date range
- Expiration Date - filter the sample search result by the sample expiration date
- Location - filter sample search results by selecting a storage unit a specific compartment
- Sample Type - filter sample search results by selecting a sample type
- Custom Sample Type Fields- filter the search result by setting a search condition for one or more custom fields.
You do not use any filter options or keyword you can click Search to retrieve a list of all samples or all sample types in the lab inventory. In this way, you can also export all samples in the lab inventory from the system.
Click to open the relevant search filter option to specify the search criteria. To find samples based on any of the added information in the sample specification fields, you can add search conditions. Select the relevant sample type(s) in which you want to search and click on Add Condition.
In the appeared pop-up window, select the search condition and click Add Condition. In this way, you can add multiple search criteria that will be searched for.
To use the Multiline Search click Toggle Multiline Search, each line break sets a different search parameter and it is intended to search for exact sample names. The multiline search will not find samples with names that are not exactly matched as it appears within the sample information.
Once all search criteria have been specified, click Search. In the Advanced Search Results, the found samples are listed with the option to perform standard sample action including deleting (archiving) samples, moving samples, printing labels, and change the sample owner. In addition the samples, can be exported to Excel. For reporting purposes, specified sample criteria can be stored to periodically create reports of samples that match the specified search criteria (for instance samples that are processed or expired samples).
To increase the page size up to 200 samples select Page size 200 in the drop-down menu.