Auto-numbering of Samples
To auto-generate numbers for samples added to the inventory, you can enable the Auto-numbering setting in the Sample Type Settings. To set up sample auto-numbering type navigate to Configuration – Sample Types and click the Edit icon for the sample type for which you want to enable auto numbering. Check the option Auto-numbering under Settings & Sections to enable auto-numbering for samples.
Once Auto-numbering has been enabled, you can define the following settings:
- Field - Choose the field in which the auto-generated number should be stored in. Choose between Sample Name, a custom sample specification field, or no field in case the number should auto-generate the sample barcode.
- Apply to barcode - Optionally enable that the generated number is set as the external ID of the sample.
- Prefix - a fixed part that is prepended to the auto-generated number
- Next Number - Next generated number based on the current counter
- Minimum Digits - Setting that defines the length of the generated number by added leading zero's based to the Next Number
- Suffix - a fixed part that is appended to the auto-generated number
Click Save to enable the auto-numbering for newly created samples. The saved settings will automatically applied to newly created settings