Group Password Policy
To ensure that all data in eLabJournal remains safe, the group administrator has the option to enforce a password policy that applies to all users in the group. Check the Enforce password policy option in the Group Policies tab under Group Settings. Note: for clients with Private Cloud or On-Premises installations, the option to set the group password policy may be deactivated for your group by the system administrator. Please contact your key user for more information.
The following password policies can be set for each group.
- Minimum password length - the minimum number of characters a password should contain
- Lowercase characters - the minimum number of lowercase alpha characters (a-z) a password should contain
- Uppercase characters - the minimum number of uppercase alpha characters (A-Z) a password should contain
- Numeric characters - the minimum number of numeric characters (0-9) a password should contain
- Special characters - the minimum number of special characters (!%@) a password should contain
- Enforced password change - interval in days by which users are required to change their password
- Do not allow password reuse - blocks the reuse of passwords that were previously assigned; accepts a numeric value that specifies the number of past consecutive passwords used to check this requirement
- Most common passwords not allowed - blocks the option to choose a password that is on the list of most frequently used passwords
Note: if a user has access to multiple labs, the policy of the group that is the most strict is applied.