Group Password Policy
To ensure that all data in eLabJournal remains safe, the group administrator has the option to enforce a password policy that applies to all users in the group. Check the option Enforce Password policy in the Group Policies tab of the Group settings. Note that the option to set the group password policy may be deactivated for your group by the system administrator, please contact your key-user for more information.
The following password policies can be set per group.
- Minimum password length - the minimal number of characters a password should contain
- Lowercase characters - the minimal number of lowercase alpha characters (a-z) a password should contain
- Uppercase characters - the minimal number of uppercase alpha characters (A-Z) a password should contain
- Numeric characters - the minimal number of numeric characters (0-9) a password should contain
- Special characters - the minimal number of special characters (!%@) a password should contain
- Enforced password change - interval by which users are required to change their password
- Do not allow password reuse - Blocks the reuse of passwords that were previously used, the indicated number is the number of passwords used in the past to check this.
- Most common passwords not allowed - Blocks the option to choose a password that is on the list of most frequently used passwords
Note that in case a user has access to multiple labs, the policy of the group that is the most strict is applied.