eLabJournal has a Mobile App for Android and iOS devices that can be downloaded from the Google Play store and Apple App store. For Windows Phones, there are currently no apps available. The mobile apps are an extension to the web application and offer functionality to use your mobile device in the lab which includes:
- Viewing Experiments – browse through projects and studies to view experiments and data in various sections
- Viewing Samples – Scan a 2D barcode of a sample to view relevant sample information and perform sample actions to move or archive samples
- Viewing procedures – View personal, group-shared and public procedures
- Booking Devices – Scan a 2D barcode of a device to see the device planner and make a booking
- Receiving Notifications – Receive notifications of important events such as a sign or counter-sign requests or when items in the lab inventory are running out of stock.
- Syncing Notes – Take notes and sync them to the notebook in the web app from where they can be added to an experiment.
- Syncing Images – Take photos and sync them to the web app dashboard from where they can be added to an experiment.
- Generating 2-factor authentication codes – Generate 2-step verification codes to support two-step verification in the web app
For more information about the Mobile App, read the Mobile App Documentation.