To find data in the electronic lab notebook, you can filter experiments in the experiment browser or experiment list by searching for keywords. Enter the keyword in the search bar and click Search
The projects, studies and experiments are filtered for the entered keywords. When searching in experiments in the following contents is included in the search:
- Project name – contents included in the project name
- Study name – contents included in the study name
- Experiment name – contents included in the experiment name
- Sections name - contents included in the section name
- Section contents – words included in the content of text, procedure and note sections
- ExperimentID - the experiment ID for example: 001000000000685397
- StudyID - the study ID for example: 012000000142480
When searching, you are filtering to find any contents in the above-mentioned data. You can use the following operators to search in eLabJournal. Note that in searching is case-insensitive
- bacteria yeast - finds any contents that include the words bacteria and yeast
- “bacteria yeast” – finds any contents that include the exact phrase bacteria yeast
- bac* - finds any contents that include a word that starts with "bac"
- *teria - finds any contents that include a word that ends with "teria"
- bacteria | plant – finds any contents that include either the word bacteria OR the word plant
- bacteria -Plant – finds any contents that include the word bacteria but does not contain the word plant
- “bacteria Plant”~10 – finds any contents that include the word bacteria and plant in the proximity of 10 words
- (bacteria | plant) yfp - finds any contents that include the word bacteria OR plant as well as the word ypf
- "bacteria plant yeast fungus algae"/3 - finds any contents that include at least 3 of the words bacteria plant yeast fungus algae.
Note that experiments are searched for linked samples, files, Excel files as well as their content, for excel files this is limited to the first 4000 cells. When your organisation is using eLabHybrid the files are not indexed and will not show up in the search results.