Short Text Field
To add a text field that can contain up to 255 characters, choose Short Text Field from the Field type dropdown.
After saving the field, a free text field is created that allows you store sample information as a text string.
The following field options are supported for short text fields:
- Required field – makes data entry required prior to storing a sample
- Validate input – set criteria for input when entering data in a field
- Note field – field information for end user displayed in a tooltip balloon
- Default value – field is filled with the default value if none is provided on sample creation
Short text fields also support links. If a web address, such as http://www.elabjournal.com or www.elabinventory.com, is entered into the field, an active link will automatically be created.
Use Validate input to validate the data input prior to storing a sample.
Choose one of the following validation criteria:
- Text Contains - value must include one or more characters
- Text Starts With - value must begin with one or more characters
- Text Ends With - value must end with one or more characters
- Regular Expression - validate the value with a custom regular expression (Find some examples here)