Short Text Field
To add a text field that can contain up to 255 characters, choose Short Text Field.
After saving the field, a free text field is created that allows you store any sample information.
For short text fields, the following field options are supported
- Required field – check this option to make data entry required prior to storing a sample
- Validate input - set criteria for input when entering data in a field
- Note field – information for end-user displayed in a tooltip balloon
- Default value – default the value in the field when adding a new sample
Short text fields also support links. If entering a text in this field includes a web address such as http://www.elabjournal.com or www.elabinventory.com an active link will automatically be created.
Use Validate input to validate data input prior storing a sample.
Choose one of the following validation criteria:
- Text Contains - one or more characters that need to be included in the entered value or data
- Text Starts With - one or more characters the value must begin with
- Text Ends With - one or more characters the value must end with
- Regular Expression - custom regular expression validations. Find some examples here