To add images in the ELN, you can add an image section. Add a section to the experiment and choose the Image type.
After the image section has been added, you can click on the Add Image to upload an image from your computer. All common image formats are supported including .tiff, .jpg, .png, .gif and .bmp. Note that the maximum image size is 50 Mb
After adding the image, you can adjust the scaling of the images and change the order of the images displayed in the section using drag-and-drop. In addition, there are several options for each image supported:
- Add a caption to the image – A caption is added below the image in which a short description of the image can be added.
- Enlarge the image – Open the image in a zoom-able window
- View the image history – See a history of all image versions
- Edit the image – Load the image editor to crop the image or add text or arrows in the image
- Download the image – Download the image
- Archive the image – Remove the image from the section and archive it
Images in the image section can be modified in the image editor. Click on edit in the image sub-menu that is visible when moving over the image. An intuitive image editor will open allowing you to modify the image. The following actions on images are supported:
- Crop, rotate and resize images
- Add text on image in different fonts, colours and sizes
- Make drawings, arrows or encircle lanes in images
- Place filers on images to adjust brightness and contrast
- Add basic shape object on the image
Restoring a previous version
To download the original image for or restore a previous version of an image, click on the Restore button in the image.
click on Restore this version in the appeared window
The restored image will replace the last version and will be displayed in the image section.
Undo image edits
Within the image editor, actions can also be undone while editing the image. Click on the trash icon to remove the edit action from the image. Note that this action cannot be undone.
To download the current image click on the download icon
To download previous versions of an image go click on History
Click Download this version to download this version.